In Geovonic Connect, data sources provide connectivity to third-party business systems. The Open-Meteo Weather data source allows you to current and weather forecast information for anywhere in the world.
Open-Meteo is an open-source weather API and offers free access for non-commercial use. You can learn more about the Open-Meteo service here.
The Open-Meteo weather data source uses the geometry of any selected feature to fetch the weather information. For a point feature, the weather for that point location will be requested; for a polygon or polyline, the weather returned will be for the centroid of the feature.
Data Source Configuration
The Open-Meteo weather data source configuration requires a few fields: –
- Date Format – An ISO locale code to describe the date formatting.
en-AUfor English/Australian or
Layer Link Configuration
The Open-Meteo weather layer link configuration has several fields which determine the weather information to be returned.
- Key Attribute – an attribute on the feature layer that contains a unique identifier (e.g. OBJECTID).
- Forecast Type – Daily or Hourly
- Forecast Period (Days) – Only applicable when using a Daily forecast.
- Displayed Time Zone – Optional field to set the time zone to use when displaying timestamps. By default, uses the time zone of the selected map feature.
- Temperature Unit
- Windspeed Unit
- Precipitation Unit