In Geovonic Connect, data sources provide connectivity to third-party business systems. The Civica Authority Altitude data source allows you to fetch information from the Property and Assets modules of Civica Authority Altitude.
Authority Altitude is an Enterprise management system from Civica, with a large install base across the local government sector.
The Authority Altitude data source will return information from the Property and Assets modules to display in your ArcGIS web mapping applications. There is a separate data source for each module type.
Data Source Configuration
The Authority Altitude data source configuration requires a few fields to provide the server location and user credentials.
- API Server URL – The URL to your instance of Authority Altitude.
- Client ID – The OAuth client ID to be used for authentication.
- Client Secret – The OAuth client secret.
- Username – The username to be used for authentication.
- Password – The user’s password.
It is important when configuring any integration service to follow the Principle of Least Privilege. Any credentials used for the data source should only be able to access the minimum amount of information to meet the needs of your Geovonic Connect application. For example, do not provide the admin credentials for Authority Altitude if Geovonic Connect only needs to access a single form. Best practice is to create a new user with the least required privileges.
Layer Link Configuration
The Authority Altitude layer link configuration has several fields which determine the information to be returned.
Asset ID Attribute – an attribute on the feature layer containing the Asset ID (hinodeid).
- Parcel ID Attribute – an attribute on the feature layer containing the Parcel ID.
- Category – the dataset to be returned.
One of Property, Owner Occupiers, Rates, Sales.